Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Welcome to Our New Blog

This is a new wrinkle for our website.

I will begin with a recap of my trip to The True Church Conference. My son, Sam, went with me and we were richly blessed.

Last summer began a journey for me deeper into the grace of God and the understanding of His will. Several catalysts were used by God to accomplish this. As many of you know from my posts at Christian Research Network, Last year I began realizing just how far away from reformation doctrine our own SBC has been drifting. In my research, I came across the sermons of a man named Paul Washer. God used His Word poured out through this jar of clay to break my heart and call me to a higher standard of doctrine and Biblical evangelism. Later in 2006, through the devastating loss of our dear grandson, Isaac, God used his death to refine in me a determination to focus on basically two things , God's Word and God's glory. I wrote a letter to various friends, relatives and leaders in my own denomination outlining my views, based in the five solas. This letter was used by a fellow CRN contributor in an article. From this article I received positive responses from around the world and became one of the reasons for launching this website. Interestingly enough, the same article is the reason our website is not listed with our local association website and also was used as evidence to remove me from a leadership position in our association.

Imagine my joy when I received a flier for a "True Church Conference". My dear wife, upon reading it, insisted that I go, regardless of the cost. My daughter-in-law had the same response for my son, Sam. So we went.

It was so refreshing to participate with pastors from 30 states and several foreign countries. It was humbling to meet friends that I had made through CRN. As we rejoiced in the Sovereignty of God in Conversion and heard pure Bible doctrine, our hearts "burned within us as He walked with us by the way". We stayed with the dear Malone family and were treated like kings. May God richly bless them for their faithfulness!