Monday, June 4, 2007

Blessings Out of Buffetings (Redpath)

I've been reading another "dead guy", Alan Redpath.

This book is an exposition of II Corinthians. Here are a few quotes that hit home with me.

"There are many different ways and means which the Lord uses and applies to His people, that through buffeting may come blessing. One of them is the misunderstanding of our motives, even by our friends."

"There is always a crowd of folks looking for a the slightest inconsistency in a servant of God, and for the opportunity to publish is far and wide."

"The certainty of life, the absolute, clear, unshakable certainty is that if I am to rest in His pardon, then I must accept His standard unswervingly."

"That is one thing that I believe the Christian church lacks today- a grip of eternal truth upon our souls- so that when God says, "Thou shalt not," something rises in us that says, "Why?"